Personality of the Week!
SHRI. KRISHNA VISHWANATH PARATE
During the period of 34 years of his service in Jilha Parishad, his honesty and hard-work was recognized by his collegues as evident from the fact that
- He was voted, for 18 years, as Director as well as Vice-Chairman of the Co-operative Credit Society of the Jilha Parishad Employees.
- He was voted as Secretary as also as Member of the Central Committee of the Union of Jilha Parishad Employees.
- He also worked as Treasurer of the Co-ordination Committee of the Asociation of Jilha Parishad Unions for substantial period.
- At present, he has been also working as Executive Chairman of the Vivekanand Jankalyan Prabodhini (Trust).
With liking for social work, he entered into the Halba Samaj Seva Mandal of Bhingar in 1986. Starting as an ordinary ‘Karyakarta’, he has, for the past several years, been working as the Honoroury Secretary of the Adiwasi Halba Samaj, Bhingar. He has, to his record, the following achievements, during his tenure in the Halba Samaj,
- He took strenuous pains to remove differences among the various group of Halbas, operating in the district, and brought all of the them under one roof to ensure solidarity and unity.
- Under his stewardships, the Halba Samaj has been providing free stationery items to student-girls from Halba Samaj.
- The Halba Samaj contributed RS.2000/- for the Court Case between Halbas and Government at Nagpur.
- Under his stewardship, a census of Halbas in the district was conducted in the year 1991.
- Shri. Ganpatrao Kuwad of Pune had donated to the Halba Samaj a piece of land. Shri. Krishna Parate took lead to make use of the land and got constructed two rooms on the said piece of land which could be used by Halba Samaj gainfully. As the records show, this activity of his resulted into an income of Rs.85,000/- to Halba Samaj till the end of January, 2006.
- The Halba Samaj conduct functions on every Vasant Panchami and Kolba Swami Punyatithi at Bhingar. The occasion is also used for distribution of awards to the academic achievements by students from Halba community at Bhingar.
- The Halba Samaj took up re-construction of the Halba Samaj Mandir at Bhingar, in 2004. The work is in progress and the ground floor has since been completed.
- Under his initiative, the Halba Samaj play an important role in counseling into damaged marriages and bringing about amicable and acceptable settlements among couples helping them to lead a happy married life thereafter.
Impressed with the commendable work being carried out by Shri. Krishna Vishwanath Parate, the Suyash Group of Halbas felicitated him at the recently held function at Nashik and was awarded the Halba Samaj Bhushan Puraskar in the form of Shaal, Sriphal and a Memoir.
We wish Shri. Krishna Parate a long life, full of good health and peace of mind, so that the community of Halbas at large continue to draw benefits of his service for many more years to come.